Root Canal Procedure
- To begin the procedure, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area around the tooth.
- Once you are comfortable, we will access the tooth pulp through the crown, or the top part of the tooth.
- After creating this small hole, we will insert a tiny tool designed to remove the nerves, tissues, and bacteria from within the tooth.
- Next, we will thoroughly clean the tooth and root canals before refilling them with a biocompatible material (gutta-percha).
- Finally, a crown will be placed to restore the tooth to its original size, shape, and function.