Dental Arts of Vernon will always work hard to explore options to save your teeth, but when the need for an extraction does arise, you’ll be in good hands with us. Having a tooth "pulled" can create fear and anxiety, but at Dental Arts of Vernon, we have the experience and caring staff to keep you comfortable throughout the experience.
Extractions involve removing a tooth from its socket in the jaw bone and can be needed for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Severe Tooth Damage/Trauma: When decay and damage are so extensive that repairs will not solve the problem, an extraction may be needed.
- Malpositioned/Non-functioning Teeth: Teeth that are not needed may affect the teeth around them. In these types of cases, an extraction may be required to protect the functional teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontic treatment, such as braces, may require the removal of teeth to make needed space for improved teeth alignment.
- Extra Teeth: Also referred to as supernumerary teeth, extra teeth may block other teeth from erupting.
- Serious health conditions - Treatments of radiation, chemotherapy and related to organ transplants may require teeth to be extracted to prevent infection.
Dental Arts of Vernon will always strive to protect and save your teeth, but in the event that an extraction is needed, we’re here to provide the very best in care from start to finish.
Start by making an appointment with our friendly staff, and we’ll assess what the best course of action is to get your smile healthy again. Call us today at (860) 926-4789.